Kansas Offroad  
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Milford/School Creek ORV (Junction City, KS) (Read 9630 times)
Kansasoffroad
KansasOffroad Administrator

No time like the
present

Milford/School Creek ORV (Junction City, KS)
« on: 01/13/06 at 22:24:09 »

http://athena.mne.ksu.edu/orgs/sae/school_creek.htm

Milford Lake Website

A good mix of hills, woods and open areas. Half the area is rocky and ridable in rainy conditions.

This can be a very busy area, and includes ATV's and mountain bikers.

The Milford Lake area has camping and boating facilities.

S.C.O.R.V.A does have a website at www.angelfire.com/ks2/scorva/ you also can find a direction map there.

The Milford lake ORV is now a day use only area. Open at 8 (eight) am, and closed and 10 (ten) pm. As with any day use area, there is no camping or alcohol allowed. You can camp at the School Creek Camp grounds (not to be confused with the School Creek ORV park.) that are about one mile south of the ORV park.

Email View Profile WWW Kansasoffroad
IP Logged
OnTheRocks
C Member

Another Kansas
Offroad Addict

Re:  Milford/School Creek ORV (Junction City,
« Reply #1 - on: 12/27/06 at 21:34:06 »

This place can still be a lot of fun. It is however like the previous post said a day use area only. That kind of bites. If you want to camp you have to haul your bikes and gear into the area on a daily basis. Also, there tends to be a lot of quads there and they arent as considerate as most two wheeled enthusiasts tend to be. Just watch out for them and the kids and you will still have a lot of fun. A word of caution about going there in the Summer. the place seems to soak up the heat like a desert and releases it in a focused manner at whoever happens to be on a bike. In other words it gets really hot there. Almost to the point of being miserable. But there is always the lake to cool off in and you really wont have any problems as long as you are not stopping alot. Have fun LH

Email View Profile
IP Logged
yammerhammer
Peewee

Another Kansas
Offroad Addict

« Reply #2 - on: 03/10/08 at 08:19:39 »

the nick name for the riding area at milford is called the Rock Cory thats what all the riders say that have been going there for a long time.

Email View Profile
IP Logged
OnTheRocks
C Member

Another Kansas
Offroad Addict

« Reply #3 - on: 03/10/08 at 17:19:20 »

Hmmmmm! I have been going there since 92 and that is the first time I have EVER heard that! Pretty good name though. For at least half of the place (the EAst side) Wink

Email View Profile
IP Logged
yammerhammer
Peewee

Another Kansas
Offroad Addict

« Reply #4 - on: 03/11/08 at 09:41:30 »

yepr my dad been going there since the 70's its just a nick named that alot people around here call it  Smiley

Email View Profile
IP Logged
bmwbykrydr
Peewee

Another offroad
addict looking for a
place to ride

« Reply #5 - on: 04/05/09 at 16:30:15 »

I don't know if this will get read or not. I went to Milford Lake in 2007 with friends that had been there several times. Don't know what area we rode in but I think it was at the end of Luttman Road. In mid April I'm bringing several new riders to the same place. Looking at Goggle Maps there are two Luttman Roads. One at the end of 3rd Road and another at the end of 2nd Road. Which one has the riding area at the end of it? Or does Luttman make a U-shape and swing down from 3rd to 2nd?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=milf ord+lake+kansas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.462243,56.601563&ie=UTF8&ll=39.148767,-96.966619&spn=0.033947,0.087891&z=14

Also, in this thread there was mention of the "East" riding area. I don't know the name of the area I was at in 2007 at the end of Luttman Road. Are there more riding areas than the one at the end of Luttman Road? I want to try as much of the park as possible. Please advise.  Huh

Don

Email View Profile
IP Logged
Fender Bender
KansasOffroad Administrator

TA's and beer don't
mix - 1983

« Reply #6 - on: 04/05/09 at 19:54:58 »

If no one answers by tomorrow, you might try posting this in the general discussion. Wink

Email View Profile
IP Logged
old grunt
Peewee

Another Kansas
Offroad Addict

« Reply #7 - on: 04/06/09 at 22:07:09 »

if this link works it is a better map
http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/mi/Brochure/Milford-lakemap.pdf

there is a east and west side of riding area but its in same place just differant sides of parking lot

View Profile
IP Logged
old grunt
Peewee

Another Kansas
Offroad Addict

« Reply #8 - on: 04/06/09 at 22:12:44 »

Looking at your  google map you want the one at end of 3rd

Quote from bmwbykrydr on 04/05/09 at 16:30:15:
I don't know if this will get read or not. I went to Milford Lake in 2007 with friends that had been there several times. Don't know what area we rode in but I think it was at the end of Luttman Road. In mid April I'm bringing several new riders to the same place. Looking at Goggle Maps there are two Luttman Roads. One at the end of 3rd Road and another at the end of 2nd Road. Which one has the riding area at the end of it? Or does Luttman make a U-shape and swing down from 3rd to 2nd?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=milf ord+lake+kansas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.462243,56.601563&ie=UTF8&ll=39.148767,-96.966619&spn=0.033947,0.087891&z=14

Also, in this thread there was mention of the "East" riding area. I don't know the name of the area I was at in 2007 at the end of Luttman Road. Are there more riding areas than the one at the end of Luttman Road? I want to try as much of the park as possible. Please advise.  Huh

Don

View Profile
IP Logged